How many consumers will use digital tools such as social media and mobile phones this holiday shopping season? If you guessed about one in five (nearly 17%) you would be correct.1 Take a look at the stats below when you’re fine tuning your social media and mobile holiday campaigns – it might help you decide what information you want to post where. According to Deloitte’s 24th Annual Holiday Survey of retail spending and trends2:
Social Media Users:
- 60% will find discounts, coupons, and sale information.
- 53% will research gift ideas.
- 52% will check gift wish lists of friends and family.
Mobile Phone Users:
- 55% of them will look for store locations.
- 45% will research prices.
- 40% will seek product information.
- 32% will look for discounts and coupons.
- 31% will read reviews.
- 25% will use mobile phones to make a purchase.
And what about those elf heads? Well, just so we don’t take things too seriously, consider the viral power of the Office Max “ Elf Yourself ” campaign that’s enjoyed popularity for a number of years.3 This simple, make-you-smile campaign, lets you attach your own head to an elves’ body. What could be better than that?
- Social Media, Mobile to Guide Holiday Shopping
- Forget Rudolph, Consumers Looking To Digital To Guide Their Holiday Shopping
- Enjoy Some Good Holiday Cheese