There’s more to those door hangers than just a Do Not Disturb message. As a marketing tool, the humble door hanger is versatile, efficient and affordable. Here are some ideas that will get you thinking and encourage you to “borrow” or experiment and generate some new ideas of your own.
Some of the more popular uses for door hangers
- Announce the Grand Opening of a new business
- Introduce an established business to potential customers that have recently moved into the area
- Promote a limited time only sale
- Distribute coupons (be sure to include an expiration date)
- In A Hotel: Inform conference attendees about the next day’s schedule by hanging a door hanger on their hotel doors
- Promote political candidates or initiatives
- Use it as a parking pass
- Public Service Messages
Excellent for promoting home delivery products or home services:
- Newspaper delivery
- Water Delivery
- Interior Home Cleaning
- Driveway repair
- Chimney sweep
- HVAC repair
- Pizza delivery (or other restaurant type)
- Pet grooming
- Pool service
- Garage door service
- Window cleaning
- Home loans/refinancing
- Mobile notary service
- Interior décor
- Carpet & flooring
- Mobile car detailing
- Insurance: Auto & Home
- Custom closets
- Window treatments
- Cleaners & Laundry
- Satellite TV
- Charities that pick up goods
- Dairy Delivery
- Pest control
- Real Estate Agents
- Salons and Barber Shops
Targeting at its most accurate: right to the prospect’s front door!
One of the advantages is that door hangers can be distributed by folks who are already working for you. When employees are making house calls, have them cover the surrounding neighborhood if there is time.
Or you can hire friends and relatives (such as your children) to handle these tasks for minimal reward. And of course there are many professional services that can be assigned this job for a fee.
Door Hangers That Really Ring the Bell!
Let’s take a look at some of the more creative designs. They’re provided to inspire you to stretch your imagination and do some groundbreaking work of your own!
Image courtesy of http://www.coroflot.com/davidstyler/meals-on-wheels
Image courtesy of http://www.vargainc.com/ExamplesofOurWork.asp
Image courtesy of http://www.coroflot.com/von_eames/Posters-Flyers-Invitations