A couple days ago Cisco announced the end of an era. The maker of the trendy and stylish Flip Video Camcorder, Pure Digital, was acquired by Cisco in 2009 for a large sum, but now the popular line of pocket HD Cameras is being closed down. This sort of left me and a few others in a lurch, just getting into the market for a good, cheap, portable camcorder. Where do we turn to now? I think it could be toward the Kodak Playsport!
Although I think I found my champion, here is a handy comparison chart by CNET. All camcorders are pretty comparable, all ranging form $100-$200, all HD, all zoom, all have stylish designs and colors. Even CNET’s editors ratings are very comparable, but the dividing factors are the Consumer ratings.
My favorite selling points for the Kodak Playsport:
- Built-In Image Stabilization
- 5 MP showing 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures
- 3 vibrant colors: Black, Purple and Blue
- Share on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter with built-in software and USB cable
- Record up to 10 hours of HD video
- Compatible with both Mac and PC
- Video Editing Software
- Rugged body can withstands falls from up to 4 feet
Good luck in your search! I’ll post reviews of my new Playsport when I put it to good use in the next coming weeks!