Business cards are often your first visual handshake with a potential customer. When done well, they can be a “compelling, response driving little advertisement.”1 Unfortunately, many business cards are not compelling, so they do nothing to stand out from the crowd of cards that we’re all given.
According to Printweek.com, a Kyp Systems study showed that “87% of respondents said they were more likely to keep and look at business cards that had engaging content or an innovative design.”2 Those odds tell me that if you’re going for that competitive edge it makes sense to do everything you can to make your card stand out.
Rounded business cards are a very cost effective solution to giving your business card immediate pop; in both look and feel. The smoother shape is different enough to fall into the unique category but not so off the charts that you run into design and cost issues. You can fit in the same amount of text as a traditional card and rounded cards are easily stashed in cardholders so they’re not a problem for the recipient.
Here is a list of things you might want to consider putting on your business card. Certainly, you don’t want to put everything there or it would be too crowded, but this list should cover most of the bases for you to consider. Don’t forget to use the back!
Also, don’t forget to check out our rounded business cards HERE starting at $19.95!
21 Elements to consider putting on your rounded business card 4,5,6
- Personal Name
- Job Title
- Business or Organization name
- Phone Number
- Email address
- FAX number
- Website URL
- Social Media Invites (Follow me on Twitter)
- Tagline – one powerful line about what you do3
- Benefits – can you guarantee something?
- Mission Statement
- An offer
- Map/directions to your office
- A Coupon
- A place to write a reminder (such as next appointment)
- How to request free information
- A Calendar
- Rounded Business Cards – Why Rounded Corners Are a Brilliant Add-On
- Success on the cards for attention-grabbing designs
- Is Your Business Card A Wimp
- What to Put on Business Card?
- 9 Cool Things to Put On The Back of Business Cards
- The Second Life of Marketing Copy