1. Hierarchy When you design your poster you need to understand the viewing process and create a design hierarchy based on what is most important. You need to ask yourself questions such as… What is a viewer going to notice first when they look at my design? What is the most important information in this [...]
Archive | Print Design
June 8, 2010
Planning on creating your own business cards soon? Check out these must-read business card design tutorials for essential tips, tricks and styles. After practicing the tutorials below you will be a business card pro and ready to print some sweet new cards for your business or organization!
June 2, 2010
1. Don’t Forget Bleeds When designs are printed they are usually printed on large sheets and then cut. The problem is, cutting is never exact so the edges of your design can end up with errors if the color and images are too close or don’t (bleed) over the edge.
May 25, 2010
Typography is one of the most important parts of any poster design. A large headline is commonly used in posters to draw people in from a distance so they can read more about the poster. Below are some amazing examples of poster designs that take the use of type to the next level.
May 17, 2010
Brochures are one of the most versatile direct marketing materials a business can use. They can be mailed, set up near product displays, put in an office waiting room, handed to people to take home and more. Their main purpose is usually to inform and help people make a decision to buy. The best brochures [...]
May 5, 2010
1. Include Powerful Imagery When it comes to vacations and traveling its all about visualization. People dream of sandy beaches, palm trees and ocean water. Your travel brochure should play into the dreams and desires of people looking to escape the daily work grind for a few days so they can relax at their favorite [...]
April 30, 2010
When it comes to direct mail marketing, the name of the game is grabbing attention, and a great way to draw a viewer in is with a beautiful and bright full color postcard design. Boring and dull colored postcards won’t stand a chance against the other postcards in the mail pile; so the first step [...]
April 21, 2010
Ready to create some simple business cards for your business? Ordering business cards online couldn’t be any easier with NextDayFlyers.com. Below is a quick step by step guide to help guide you in creating simple, yet effective business cards in a matter of minutes!
April 16, 2010
Starting or updating your portfolio can be a challenging task for most designers. I found 10 free PSD templates that can help you to start and spark an idea for cool product shots and mock ups to build a stunning portfolio. Poking around the templates can be also a great idea to see how layering [...]
April 14, 2010
NextDayFlyers likes to keep up on the latest design trends and we also enjoy sharing what we find with our customers. Nothing is worse than having outdated designs when trying to compete in today’s tough market! It’s important to stay with the times, so ditch those business card designs from the 80′s and check out [...]
April 8, 2010
1. Know Your Target Audience When it comes to direct mail and other forms of print advertisements, it’s essential that you know your target audience well. While printing brochures with NextDayFlyers.com is very affordable, it is still important that you get the biggest return on your investment. This happens by knowing your target audience needs, [...]
March 31, 2010
Classic Colors Color plays a huge part in giving a design a certain feel. For example the color green is heavily associated with nature and being eco-friendly. So, when trying to associate a product or service with either, designers use the color green in various ways.
March 10, 2010
1. Let Your Logo Have the Spotlight Business cards are small, but don’t be afraid to make your logo big! One great way to increase brand awareness with business cards is to make the front of your card dedicated to showcasing your logo like the examples below. If you have a great logo design, let [...]
February 24, 2010
Brochures need to make an IMPACT and that’s why many designers and business owners opt to have their brochures printed in full color. Most of the time it’s a brochure’s job to sell a product or service and since brochures are often taken home they need to do the work of a salesperson with text [...]
February 19, 2010
When it comes to cool business card designs, type is king. Since business cards are so small, there is not much room for images and design elements because you need to save save space for important items such as logos and contact information. That’s why many designers opt to get creative with their typography, which [...]